What's the British equivalent of "Duh!"?
e think we have an
invasion immigration problem...
- Britain has one of the largest Muslim communities in Western Europe, estimated to be between 1.5 and 2 million people, with over 1,000 mosques and prayer centres.
"So walk the planks
- Britons seem to have given up on assimilating their Muslim population, with many British elites patting themselves on the back for their tolerance and multiculturalism. Meanwhile, an increasing number of Muslim youth in Great Britain grow more alienated and hostile to their adopted country. Obviously there is a big leap from wearing the jilbab to blowing up trains, but it would be naive not to recognize that a fanatical brand of Islam — unchallenged and unchecked — is at the root of both.
"Awright me old fruit, let's gi' it a good shoeing an' scarper to where they came from, be lairy an' punter a few snouts, an' see how long till the ol' boys gi' us a posh Chelsea smile
- Counterterrorism officials estimate that 10,000 to 15,000 Muslims living in Britain are supporters of Al Qaeda. Among that number, officials believe that as many as 600 men were trained in camps connected with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
British investigators say that identifying Islamic militants among the two million Muslims living here, about 4 percent of the population, is especially hard. The Muslim community here is the most diverse of any in Europe in terms of ethnic origins, culture, history, language, politics and class. More than 60 percent of the community comes not from North African or Gulf Arab countries, but from countries like Pakistan, India and Bangladesh.
"Oi, John, fancy a few jars after work? Oh, smeg, I forgot
- Muhammad is now second only to Jack as the most popular name for baby boys in Britain and is likely to rise to No 1 by next year, a study by The Times has found....
"When you get to the UK, it is essentially about translating the sound of the Arabic into English. A nonArab Muslim would have the name ending in -ed while an Arab Muslim would adopt the -ad ending."
Overall, Muslims account for 3 per cent of the British population, about 1.5 million people. However, the Muslim birthrate is roughly three times higher than the nonMuslim one.
Statistics from the ONS [Office for National Statistics] show that Muslim households are larger than those headed by someone of another religion. In 2001, the average size of a Muslim household was 3.8 people while a third contained more than five people.
"This really takes the biscuit, geeby
- Around two fifths of Muslims (38 per cent) lived in London. After London, the regions with the next biggest share of the Muslim population were the West Midlands (14 per cent), the North West (13 per cent), and Yorkshire and the Humber (12 per cent). Even within these regions, Muslims were highly concentrated spatially. Muslims made up 8 per cent of London's population overall but 36 per cent of the Tower Hamlets and 24 per cent of the Newham populations....
Christians were spread across Britain. London had the lowest proportion of Christians — only 58 per cent of the London population described themselves in this way. People in the North East and the North West were the most likely to describe themselves as Christian with four fifths of people in each of these regions doing so (80 per cent and 78 per cent respectively). People in these regions were the least likely to say they had no religion.
"Offie Cathedral attendance's way up
- Fifteen per cent of people in Great Britain (8.6 million people) said they had no religion, according to the 2001 Census. Seventy-two per cent of people (41 million) identified themselves as Christian, making it the largest religious group. Muslims were the second largest religious group (1.6 million) and the information provided by them shows a young, tightly clustered, and often disadvantaged, community.
"A right pear shaped policy you got there, guvnor
- Muslims were the largest religious group after Christians. There were 1.6 million Muslims living in Britain in 2001. This group comprised 3 per cent of the total population and over half (52 per cent) of the non-Christian religious population....
Just under half (46 per cent) of Muslims living in Great Britain in 2001 had been born in the UK while 39 per cent had been born in Asia — mainly Pakistan (18 per cent), Bangladesh (9 per cent) and India (3 per cent). A further one in ten Muslims (9 per cent) had been born in Africa, including Somalia (2 per cent) and Kenya (1 per cent). Four per cent of Muslims were from parts of Europe outside the UK, including Turkey (3 per cent) and the Former Yugoslavian countries (1 per cent).
In every religious group the majority of adults aged 16 and over in Great Britain described their national identity as either British, English, Scottish or Welsh. 65 per cent of Muslims gave one of these British identities....
Unemployment rates for Muslims are higher than those for people from any other religion, for both men and women.
In 2003-2004, Muslims had the highest male unemployment rate in Great Britain at 14 per cent.
Among women, Muslims again had the highest unemployment rate, at 15 per cent.
Muslims aged 16 to 24 years had the highest unemployment rates of all.
Unemployment rates for older Muslims were lower, but Muslims aged 25 to 34 years were more than three times as likely as to be unemployed (14 per cent).
"Butchers, we've gone Radio Rental
- Police have agreed to consult a panel of Muslim leaders before mounting counter-terrorist raids or arrests. Members of the panel will offer their assessment of whether information police have on a suspect is too flimsy and will also consider the consequences on community relations of a raid.
Members will be security vetted and will have to promise not to reveal any intelligence they are shown. They will not have to sign the Official Secrets Act.
"Jolly good news that, Londonistan
getting the Olympics
- The Muslim holy month of Ramadan will coincide with the 2012 London Olympics, a scheduling conflict that is creating controversy in Britain, the Daily Mail reported on its website Saturday....
Ramadan will fall from July 21 to August 20 in 2012, while the London Games run between July 27 and August 12.
Joanna Manning Cooper, spokeswoman for London 2012, said the committee is still confident that something can be worked out.
"We did know about it when we submitted our bid and we have always believed we could find ways to accommodate it," she said. "We are working with the Muslim Council of Great Britain to find ways to accommodate Ramadan during the London Games."
"Mr. Bean, you shan't always have Mummy around to wash your prayer rug for you. Better start learning to do it yourself
- [U.K. newspaper] Here Time Out argues that an Islamic London would be a better place....
At the end of World War I the city sat at the heart of an Empire that had 160 million Muslim subjects, 80 million in India alone. London was the largest Islamic capital in the world. Forty years later and the end of the Empire, unrest and war and poverty in south Asia had lead to mass immigration to the mother country and London became a Muslim capital in another sense.
According to the 2001 census there are 607,083 Muslims living in London (310,477 men and 296,606 women). The majority of Muslims live in the east of the city and, by 2012, the Muslim Council of Britain estimates that the Muslim population of Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest and Hackney will be 250,000. There are plans afoot (though no formal application has yet been submitted) to build the UKs biggest mosque — capable of welcoming 40,000 worshippers — near the 2012 Olympic site, a move which has prompted predictable outrage from some quarters. Consequently, Muslim disillionment [sic] with a reactionary and often ill-informed press is at an all time high.
"I say, ol' chap, that's a shed-load of belt acing your clobber
- YouGov['s survey for The Daily Telegraph] sought to gauge the character of the Muslim community's response to the events of July 7[, 2005]. As the figures in the chart show, 88 per cent of British Muslims clearly have no intention of trying to justify the bus and Tube murders.
However, six per cent insist that the bombings were, on the contrary, fully justified.
Six per cent may seem a small proportion but in absolute numbers it amounts to about 100,000 individuals who, if not prepared to carry out terrorist acts, are ready to support those who do.
Moreover, the proportion of YouGov's respondents who, while not condoning the London attacks, have some sympathy with the feelings and motives of those who carried them out is considerably larger — 24 per cent.
"Any swots know 'is one? 'A southbound train travelling 30 kilometers per hour passes over a bridge. One hour later a second southbound train travelling 60 kilometers per hour passes over the same bridge. How much longer before the second train catches up with the first
- 33.8[%] of Muslims [in the U.K.] are aged 0-15 years (national average is 20.2%); 18.2% are aged 16-24 (national average is 10.9%).
"Does that big girl's blouse want
to make us brown bread
- The point that most of all interested me, however, in reading Young Muslims and Extremism [link] is where it draws on MI5 information to make this astonishing statement:
Intelligence indicates that the number of British Muslims actively engaged in terrorist activity, whether at home or abroad or supporting such activity, is extremely small and estimated at less than 1% (pdf 2, p. 9).
If one accepts the report's estimate (pdf 2, p. 5) that the Muslim population of Great Britain numbers 1.6 million, then up to 16,000 "British Muslims actively engaged in terrorist activity."
"Extremely small"? Excuse me, but that number strikes me as an extremely large.
That the British authorities do not recognize that they should worry about thousands of terrorists in their midst is reason to worry what planet they inhabit. Their waffling, myopia, and general incompetence make one despair for their country.
July 3, 2006 update: The Independent's Jason Bennetto reveals that law enforcement estimates Al-Qaeda's sympathizers in Britain to number 8,000: "Of the estimated 1.6 million Muslims living in Britain, counter-terrorist sources have disclosed that they believe up to 0.5 per cent — about 8,000 — support al-Qa'ida's aims, and have links to Islamist extremists." A huge covert inquiry, known as project Rich Picture, is watching them.
- British police have a "crystal clear" picture of the man who drove the bomb-rigged silver Mercedes outside a London nightclub, and officials tell the Blotter on ABCNews.com he bears "a close resemblance" to a man arrested by police in connection with another bomb plot but released for lack of evidence.
Officials say the suspect had been taken into custody in connection with the case of al Qaeda operative Dhiren Barot (pictured), who was convicted of orchestrating a vehicle bomb plot involving targets in London, New York, Newark, N.J. and Washington, D.C.
Officials say a surveillance camera caught the suspect "staggering from the Mercedes" shortly after parking it outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub.
U.S. and British law enforcement officials tell ABC News it is increasingly clear Friday's bomb plot in London involves multiple vehicles, and is described by a senior official as a "terror plot involving lslamic extremists."
...10-20 thousand more reasons to celebrate another year of American independence.
Labels: clue-challenged liberals (BIRM), multidhimmitudism, Religion of Decease, United Kaliphate, World War IV
Comments (registered users)