Nations call on United States to exercise "restraint."
AMPA (MoonBatNews) — French envoys arrived in southern Florida today offering to negotiate a cease-fire between the United States and Cuba after the latest in a series of missile attacks by that island nation against the sunshine state killed eight nursery school children and seriously injured seven others, U.S. federal and state officials said.
Tuesday afternoon's missile attack on the Happy Kidz Nursery School in Palmetto Bay was "inadvertent," said a spokesman for Cuban president Fidel Castro. The actual target was "the national guard armory" several blocks away, but a "slight miscalculation in the missile's trajectory" caused it to slam into a playground outside the school where at least twenty children were playing. "We regret the loss of any innocent life," the spokesman said. "But it is George Bush's fault for allowing legitimate military targets to be placed so close to civilian areas."
The office of Florida governor Jeb Bush issued a response claiming that no national guard armory is located in Palmetto Bay, and that the nearest one is "about ten miles away" from where the missile hit. Calls to the governor's office seeking elaboration were not returned.
Last week a similar attack on Key West caused 12 injuries but no deaths. It was the fifth bombardment of that town — the closest to Cuba's mainland — in as many months after a French-brokered temporary cease-fire collapsed when President Bush made a disparaging comment about Mr. Castro's beard. Mr. Bush's comment was caught by reporters because he "forgot" to turn off his microphone during a photo op. As a result, at least 37 residents of Key West have been killed in missile strikes.
Across Florida, a total of 325 missile-related deaths and nearly a thousand injuries have been reported since Cuba began firing allegedly Venezuelan-supplied rockets into the state. The first missile hit Homestead last December, destroying several homes and killing two and wounding 14 in a residential neighborhood. The international community promptly condemned Mr. Bush after he ordered an air strike against government offices in Havana in response to the attack. Three Cuban defense officials, including a pregnant woman, were murdered in the unannounced U.S. nighttime raid. United Nations secretary-general Kofi A. Annan said it was a "disproportionate use of force" by the U.S. military against the much weaker country, and called on all parties to cease "the cycle of violence."
France's head envoy, Pierre LePue, says he has "high hopes that the Americans will finally show some restraint, stop all this senseless violence, and return to the negotiating table" so a permanent cease-fire can be reached. "My team and I have brought with us an ample supply of white flags to pass out to any American who wants one, including Mr. Bush. It's up to all of them to decide whether they want peace."
A whiny American
evacuee refugee Bush-blaming moonbat who escaped from Lebanon, as well as all his MSM agents provocateur, contributed to this story.
Comments (registered users)
Links to this post: