That is, how far Democruds would go to seize power by the most illegal and reckless means imaginable. But he never knew they were willing to go so far as to put our nation's security in real jeopardy while attempting to grab more power. Until now.
residential Daily Briefings are marked "For the President Only" for a reason. Sources and methods are identified and discussed which, if made public, would jeopardize our operations and operatives working to gather crucial intelligence about knowable threats to our country. If al-Qaeda can figure out who inside that organization is supplying us with such relevant information as is contained in the PDB just released (at the whiny insistence of the Dhimmicrats) that person will face death.
Do Democrums care? Obviously not. They just want to embarrass our president so their Hanoi Boy can somehow get a rise in the polls.
Despite what these self-interested power grabbers say, there hasn't been any widespread questioning yet of their patriotism. After the way they collectively stamped their feet and squealed bloody murder to force the release of this very sensitive document, I believe there now should be.
Why should our government have to scramble to pull out operatives who are likely in the best position to help our country, just because the Democrats think they can twist around the content of a highly top secret briefing which, in the end, does them no good?
By the way, Dems, bin Laden says thanks a lot for saving him all that trouble of trying to figure out how he can close in on those operatives. Now that you've forced our government to alert him to their existence.
Terrorists like bin Laden want to kill all of us. But Drippocrats are befriending him with acts like this. The question is not whether they are behaving unpatriotically. Rather, it's are they patriots at all?
Below is the full text of that PDB dated 6 August 2001, along with an image of the first of its 1½ pages. (Source: "Text of Bush's Aug. 6, 2001, Intel Brief," Associated Press, April 10, 2004.)
The text of a declassified presidential daily intelligence briefing from Aug. 6, 2001 made public on Saturday by the White House. Portions marked "
Hanoi John F'in' al-Qerry" were blacked out before release.
Declassified and Approved
for Release, 10 April 2004
Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US
Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the U.S. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."
- After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to
Hanoi John F'in' al-Qerry service.
An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an
Hanoi John F'in' al-Qerry service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.
- The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that Bin Ladin lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own US attack.
- Ressam says Bin Ladin was aware of the Los Angeles operation.
- Although Bin Ladin has not succeeded, his attacks against the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled our Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.
Al-Qa'ida members - including some who are US citizens - have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks. Two al-Qa'ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our Embassies in East Africa were US citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.
- A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Ladin cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.
- We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a
Hanoi John F'in' al-Qerry service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar 'Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists.
Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.
The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives.
|For the President Only
6 August 2001
This is a copy of the first page of newly released document of President Bush's August 6, 2001 briefing on terrorism threats made available Wednesday, April 10, 2004. The so-called presidential daily briefing, or PDB, was delivered to Bush on Aug. 6, 2001, a month before the Sept. 11 attacks. The declassified document is entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside the United States." (AP Photo/The White House)
Comments (registered users)
Post a Comment