Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Twelve steps to the Biggest. Win. Ever. for the American people.
Cut federal spending at least a tenth every year until the budget is balanced.
2. Repeal the economy-killing Financial Takeover.
3. Repeal the exorbitantly expensive ØbustedCare.
4. Remove all economically deadly moratoriums and restrictions on domestic oil drilling.
5. Cancel all unspent Stimulus.
6. Make all tax cuts permanent.
7. Require all representatives and senators to prove* they have read a bill before they may vote in favor of it.
8. Require that every bill be given a full hearing in open committee, with testimony from both proponents and opponents, before the house in which it originated may vote on it.
9. Ban all closed door meetings on Capitol Hill and in the House and Senate office buildings, excepting only national-security ones that require secrecy.
10. Ban all bailouts, including previous ones, that fail to muster a two-thirds vote in each house of Congress.
11. Return all automobile manufacturers and financial institutions to the private sector where they belong.
12. Cut all representatives and senators's pay and their allowed expenditures by at least half.
* One simple test would be a series of random, multiple choices under the same question: "Which text (a, b, c, or 'all of the above' d) is in the bill?" There should be 10 questions for every 100 pages of the bill, or one for every 10 if the bill is less than 100 pages. If a representative or senator answers 90 percent of all questions correctly, that would satisfactorily prove he or she has read the bill. To prevent cheating, no two tests would contain the same series of choices, and all tests must be randomly distributed to and taken by members on the floor in full view of live C-SPAN cameras.
Labels: a Republic if we can keep it, good versus evil, non-liberal ideas (aka Good Ideas), RESET BUTTON 2010, Sealing the fate of freedom's enemies
Comments (registered users)
Links to this post: